This blog is only for people who have grown up watching Karan Johar movies. So stop reading if you are not. If you’re still reading, hello, fellow KJo fan. How’s life? Do you miss those days like I do when movies like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Kal Ho Na Ho and many others were your solace? You’re not alone. Among all Karan Johar movies, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai holds a special place in all our hearts. You can call it the enigma of the chemistry shared between Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, or just the magic of the movie that keeps you engaged till the end, no matter how many times you watched it, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai will always be a classic for us fans and here’s why –
1. The very first reason is that how adorable the lead pair looks in the movie. Rahul and Anjali made us fall in love with them and the idea of love all over again.
2. Back it 1998, life was simpler than it is now. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is not just a movie. It is also a reminder of our childhood, as we literally grew up watching it.
3. The theme of the movie is love. As young adults, we have experienced it. We were Rahul when we fell in love at first sight and also Kajol with our one-sided love story.
4. Friendship also plays an important role in the movie. All we want from life is a friendship like Rahul, Anjali and also Tina, a person who will stand by us no matter what.
5. Songs of the 90s are what we grooved to. The most popular among them was ‘Koi Mil Gaya’ for the movie. When it plays in the background, we can’t help but move our legs.
6. The college life in the movie is definitely a little exaggerated. Nobody does all that in college. But it is a reminder of our days as students, fluttering around like birds in the campus.
7. The second part of the movie is how a daughter reunites her father to his love. The movie wants you to never give up hope on love, you never know where you find it.
8. Anjali’s character is someone most girls will relate to. Some of us are like that, roaming around like tomboys but never giving up on the idea of finding someone to love.
9. Karan Johar was just 25 years old when he made the movie. He, in fact, admits that he still cannot believe how he made a complete movie. Always believe in your ideas.
10. And most importantly, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is a movie you can never get bored watching, no matter how many times you’ve seen it. We will watch it every time it airs.
Rahul aur Anjali ka phir se jhadga ho gaya!