Anyone who isn’t using social media in today’s world is either a saint living in deep forests or doesn’t exist. It’s an integral part of our lives, affecting our lifestyle and decisions all the time. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, or any app that connects to you the people of the world makes you a part of social media. Can you remember a time without all these apps? Hard to imagine right? Here’s how social media has changed our lives –
1. The moment we wake up, the first thing we do is check our phones. No brushing teeth, no saying good morning to any family member. Just checking our notifications is our definition of starting the day fresh.
2. In those times when social media didn’t exist, awkward conversations would be really awkward. But now, we can always check our phones mid-conversation and subtly get away with them.
3. Clicking a photo then meant getting it printed for an album that would be preserved for years. But now, pictures are clicked because we need to those likes and update everyone we know about our lives.
4. The only way to communicate then was through phone calls and text messages. That would require a lot of energy. But now, you’re easily connected to people you don’t even want to talk to.
5. It used to be hard to kill time back then. The things you could do is meet people, visit places when really bored or watch television. But with social media, we can easily kill time on the various apps that are available.
6. It would take years for people to receive news of their own relatives and friends. But now, minutely updates are shared by you and everyone you know over WhatsApp and social media. You get to know everything.
7. You would only meet your friends once or twice in months. The means of communication used to be so limited, it was easier not to talk. But with social media, friends are seconds away.
8. The best change, however, has to be how it is so easy to make friends with different kinds of people. You can always befriend like-minded people and discuss cool things together.
Social media is a boon, without a doubt.